Let us take care of your lawn, so you can relax.
Our team of certified experts understand what it takes to produce the thickest, greenest, and healthiest lawns.
Sundown Gardens has been servicing our community since 1949. We understand our soils, grass types, and weather conditions. We continually research the latest products and techniques, utilizing only the best and safest for our programs.
We provide a customized and personalized five-step lawn treatment to ensure a greener, thicker, weed-free lawn. Each program is property specific. You’ll work with the same great team of Sundown experts throughout the entire five-step application process to ensure consistency in care.
Our Five-Step Program Consists of:
- Early Spring: Fertilizer with Pre-emergent
- Spring: Fertilizer, Weed Control & Surface Insecticide
- Summer: Fertilizer & Weed Control (Grub Control optional)
- Late Summer: Fertilizer & Weed Control
- Late Fall: Winter Fertilizer
New This Year: We are offering an optional Midsummer Fertilization to our turf program.
Customized programs also available to ensure your lawn will reach optimum potential.
Hundreds of homeowners in central Indiana have relied on our individualized approach to lawn care. Put your trust in Sundown Gardens, and we’ll create a lawn that’s the envy of your neighborhood.
TREE AND SHRUB CARE
Trees and shrubs are essential elements in your landscape. Our team provides the care and maintenance they require to reach their full potential.
Sundown Gardens offers a comprehensive Plant Health Care program. Whether you’re looking for fertilization, disease and insect control, or hazardous tree assessment, Sundown Gardens can help. Our technicians observe that every problem we deal with starts off on a small scale and can be detected by an expert in its early stages. We’re proud to offer a comprehensive annual Plant Health Monitoring program based on preventative care and early detection.
NEW: Plant Health Monitoring Program
The goal of our Plant Health Monitoring Program is to sustain and improve the health of all the trees and shrubs that make up your landscape. Our certified arborist will inspect your plants on a regular basis to identify pests, diseases, or other stresses before severe damage or dieback occurs.
Utilizing Integrated Pest Management practices, our program typically includes the following:
- Routine examination of tree and shrub health throughout the growing season.
- Early detection of potential pest and disease problems.
- A summary of findings and management recommendations following each visit.
Because each landscape represents different and unique circumstances, every monitoring program is tailor-made to meet the specific needs of the landscape and goals of the homeowner. Each program will be based on the plant inventory in your landscape. This is a broad based program that promotes the use of integrated, ecologically sound approach to Plant Health Care.
Insect and Disease Control
The controls we use for insect and disease problems, combined with our application methods, are both eco-friendly and effective. From horticultural oils to systemic injections, our Arborist and Plant Health Care Techs will find the right solutions for your property.
- Insecticide Application – controls pest on specific plants
- Fungicide Application – for disease prevention
- Mitidcide Application – controls mites on specific plants
- Emerald Ash Borer Treatment – including injections, sprays or drenches.
Soil and Root Care
Nutrition deficiency is a gateway for disease and insect problems in plants. Our custom-tailored soil and root care applications increase tree and shrub health, strengthening their natural defenses against insects, disease, drought and other adversaries of your trees and shrubs.
- Spring and Fall Fertilization – Including micro nutrients, humates and Mychorrizae
- Iron and Maganese Applications – Micro, macro, and root zone applications
- Sulfur Applications – lowers pH of soil
- Organic Fertilization – latest organic products available
In addition to Turf and Tree programs, we offer exterior home Perimeter Sprays for effective insect control. Perimeter insect treatments are applied to the exterior foundation of a structure to repel insects and pests. They are also applied to common insect harborage sites within close proximity to a structure. Perimeter Sprays are usually performed quarterly or on an as-needed basis.